Sunday, October 2, 2011

The versatile Apt.

Well, happy Sunday. I slept for like 11 hours and woke up feelin' refreshed!  I wasn't a sleep-all-morning teenager, so I guess I'm just a late bloomer.  It's amazing how refreshed you can look and feel after sleep!  Absolutely magical.

Yesterday afternoon I attempted to go hang out at The Village but, alas, there was some sort of private party happening and The Public was not allowed :(  I might go over there in a bit, haven't decided yet..While the Village is an excellent space, it's so peaceful here in my apt. and I have some great local coffee in my possession. 


The 'Colombia Espresso' is not local; I just mixed the 2 roasts together at one of those nice grocery store bulk coffee stations that seem to be ubiquitous these days, from small co-ops to big supermarkets.  But the What's the Buzz is def local, and the 'Mexico Chiapas Onix Organic' is excellent.  The Village exclusively brews What's the Buzz...shouldn't that name have a '?' you say?  Yea, I think so, too, but I think their whole name is kinda lame except for the "Coffee Co." bit, so they should probably go back to brainstorming.  I dunno, on second thought it's not such a bad name..but Crema is just way better.

Anyhow, my single apartment is so chill, it is not just an apartment.   It can be whatever I want it to be. It is my very own Restaurant, my Smoothie Shop, my Movie Theater, my Cafe, my Listening Library, my Yoga Studio, my Spa, my Art Space, my Meditation Room..the only thing it isn't and can't really forseeably be is my Garden.  Of course I will go to any actual, established venues for these creature comforts whenever I want to, but why not exercise my imagination?

Sometimes the dog upstairs scurries about kinda loudly, and the people drop things or turn on their shower late at night, but that's what music and ear plugs are for, right?

On the note of Yoga Studio, I made it in time to a  class at the Rec center 4 days outta 5 last week and totally loved each one.  Yoga, Pilates, Yoga Beatz (while I'm in the mood of suggesting better names, a better name would be Rock Vinyasa, like they call it at Wilmington Yoga Center), and Power Yoga.  Pilates class was waaay hard, like painful!, for me when it came to the section that was all leg/hip exercises.  Whereas I've taken hundreds of yoga classes, I think I've taken 1 pilates class before? Pilates class and yoga practices don't have a lot in common besides the fact that you use a mat for both.  I may keep trying Pilates to see if I can get through the last third of class (legs) eventually.

So, after being turned down from The Village, I enjoyed a nice practice back in the Yoga Studio.











No comments:

Post a Comment