Friday, October 7, 2011

Spontaneous weekend plans!!!

OHMAN!  exciting plans!

I'm leaving to go spend the weekend on Padre Island National Seashore in just a few hours after I get out of analytical chem class!  (And assuming John is fine with me leaving at noon, haven't gotten to ask him yet!!)  Padre Island Nat'l Seashore is "the longest stretch of undeveloped barrier island in the world (70 miles!), preserving rare coastal prairie, a complex and dynamic dune system, and the Laguna Madre, one of the few hypersaline lagoon environments left in the world."

My friend Fenix let me know that she and her boyfriend, Jan (he's from the Czech Rep.), were going camping with another friend, Alicia, and her dog this weekend--and would I like to come?  It was just after our isotope geochemistry lecture ended yesterday, at like 5:15 pm.  I considered my blank, empty canvas weekend.  The thought of shorebirds and the sound of the sea--and remoteness!  Ohmygosh, yes please!

I am so glad I have a sleeping bag and lil tent, rice cakes and peanut butter, so I'm all ready to go!  I will take some pics of all the remote beauty to share :D  I have no idea what the Texas coastline is really like so I'm so jazzed!

No comments:

Post a Comment